Whos going to the muckleburgh military vehicle show ?

afvnut75

Hi folks

Is anyone going to the mv show up in north norfolk this weekend 25th and 26th As its supposed to be great show would be great to see the place flooded with people and vehicles, As its the first one for years .

Hope all of you that own a military vehicle in east anglia will come along and show your support for the show and add to the atmosphere and displays , Hopefuly the weather will be great and the bbqs come out .

cheers

Yes I will be there from Friday to Sunday with the Bedford MJ, it was a good event last year thet's hope the sunshine will be with us too.

Hi didnt realise it was on last year for some reason thought it was the first time in ages that they were putting the show on,

The misses and i will be taking my leyland daf 7.5 tonner as she wants a holiday before her 4 weeks training in royal signals TA next week so from muckleburgh to home on the sunday night then waterbeach barracks then pirbright,

Bless her shes going to be a busy gal very proud of her though !

Might bump into you there

I think i took this one late Sunday afternoon at Muckleburgh as we had the Raf regiments pinz next to us last year.

We should be there by Friday around 2.30-3.00 so if you see us do come and say hello, still yet to find out where abouts but i doubt you'll miss us.

SN850722.jpg

I think i took this one late Sunday afternoon at Muckleburgh as we had the Raf regiments pinz next to us last year.

We should be there by Friday around 2.30-3.00 so if you see us do come and say hello, still yet to find out where abouts but i doubt you'll miss us.

SN850722.jpg

OH verrrrrrry nice ! where did you get the blackout screens from ? need some for mine and my other green/black vehicles

Sorry for the late reply no excuse, the pub was calling me.:-D

The screens are apart of the full winterization kit that is fitted to the Mj, you can just about make out the heater pipes in the cab and the heated battery box to the left of the jerry can locker. She also has a breather pipe fitted behind the cab. Im sure if you ask Tony (owner and member of HMVF 27KF73) he will gladly let you have a good look around. If your after any tilt canvas do let us know as we will have a few in the arrows.

Looking foreword to seeing you all and the Daff as that does look the dogs danglies.

All the best,

Ollie

HI ,

I dont post very often, well hardly ever, but i went to this show and just had to give my views, i have to say it was crap. a few nice vehicles but where were all the public and it was £40 for the family to get in !!!!!! several of the display vehicles broke down, the guy doing the commentary got so many things wrong it was a joke (IE the abbott was a tank and had a smooth bore gun, and the Comet had an 88mm gun to say just a couple) wont be bothering to travel the distance to go next year.

Ted

Oh dear!

I was reading the thread thinking that I had missed out on something decent virtually on my doorstep, but having read the last post I don't feel too bad after all!

Did anyone else attend, and if so, what were your impressions?

I was there on the Sunday, i went on my Harley 350 just glad i didnt take anything that used more fuel. Very few public and no advertising or signs saying it was on. I thought i would support them as i run another museum in the area but it was not as it used to be. The effort was there but just lacked the spark of old.

Oh dear!

I was reading the thread thinking that I had missed out on something decent virtually on my doorstep, but having read the last post I don't feel too bad after all!

Did anyone else attend, and if so, what were your impressions?

Many shows are suffering at the moment from reduced numbers, I suppose that it must be a combination of a lack of funds amongst joe public mixed with a bit of lack-lustre advertising........... however, adverse publicity will do nothing for the future of this event, on the other hand a little support might do a great deal. Just a thought folks. :kissoncheek:

Track link, are you sure your not over exaggerating on the several vehicles braking down? Im aware of the Abbot having an issue but it was up and running again shortly afterwards i didn’t hear of anything else having any mechanical problems throughout the whole weekend mind you I was busy exploring for most of the Sunday.

I do agree on the numbers though, the public attendance was not as good as the previous events and there was indeed a lack of displays. This sadly is all down to funding, the event is local to us and we intend on supporting it. Its in fantastic place the museum itself is good with some great exhibits. Norfolk sadly is really lacking on quality MV events and I strongly feel this one whilst we still have the venue is really worth supporting. There are plenty of us MV owners hiding away all over Norfolk, so if you have yet to go to the event then why not give it a go. At the end of the day the show is what you make it, nothing ever works without a bit of effort and enthusiasm.

Shaun,

I did see you on your MT and very nice it was too.

It is a shame that there weren't more members of the public there, as it is a very good museum.

Perhaps that's down to the apparent lack of advertising? I don't remember seeing anything in the local press, or any banners in the local area...

I run an Air Training Corps Squadron not too far away and if I'd known about it I'm sure we and some of the other local Squadrons would have arranged a visit.

breaking the habbit of a life time here and posting again in under a year !!!

I support many events ( wife and fuel costs permitting) with either my ex army landrover or my little MG B , and i feel if we dont support them we will lose these little events. This time the family said they would like to go so it a trip in the car, it cost £40 for me and the family to get in, i checked the normal price and it would have been £20 for a family ticket. no wonder there was no public. one guy was complaining at the gate when i got there then he turned around and went.

I did not realise until i was walking around that its privatly owned, i had assumed wrongly that it was charity run ( i must add that no one had ever said or implied it was a chairty i just assumed). so at the end of the day all the dosh goes in some one pocket.

Yes it is a very nice collection, yes it is a very nice location and i could be a lovely little rally, it would be nice to see the over the top profit go to a good cause ( i am hoping it does in the long run).

anyway i will not be bothering with the 200 mile round trip to go again, they have had enough of my money.

Moan over , im now going to crawl back under the stone i came from.

TED

Living in Norfolk i've been to the collection many times. Camped there on a number of occassions too!

It used to be a very good event! the 60th anniversary of D-day year was very good infact! I did not attend this year but by the comments that have been made here i am glad that i didn't!

The museum has some very good pieces within it but as said if the owner is not willing to promote the events ( and make them affordable for Jo public) then they cannot expect for the museum to succeed!

It is a shame as i have very fond memories of the place!

Hopefully they will pull their fingers out and sort it out!

Cheers

Al