What are they worth?

mat777

In the back of the garage at home I have a metal tommy helmet in green, I think it is a WW2 version, in good cosmetic condition. I also have a black helmet of the same shape, with a faded white A on the front of it, but unusually the helmet is not metal. It appears to be some sort of plastic or composite, almost like record vinyl or bakelite? I have literally no clue what it is but it is tough and heavy. finally, I have a gas mask in a good condition original card box with "L" on the front, the mask itself is of the type with 2 glass eyepieces and a rubber nasal valve, and is also in very good condition.

I have had them for many years and have long forgotten what I paid for them, but I am having a clearout and have absolutely no clue as to what they are worth

In the back of the garage at home I have a metal tommy helmet in green, I think it is a WW2 version, in good cosmetic condition. I also have a black helmet of the same shape, with a faded white A on the front of it, but unusually the helmet is not metal. It appears to be some sort of plastic or composite, almost like record vinyl or bakelite? I have literally no clue what it is but it is tough and heavy. finally, I have a gas mask in a good condition original card box with "L" on the front, the mask itself is of the type with 2 glass eyepieces and a rubber nasal valve, and is also in very good condition.

I have had them for many years and have long forgotten what I paid for them, but I am having a clearout and have absolutely no clue as to what they are worth

Got any photo's ?

Your black "plastic" helmet should have the name "PLASFORT" on the underside of the rim, your metal helmet will have a date on it somewhere, sometimes on the chinstrap hanger ans sometimes on the underside of the rim. If you go into warrelics.eu there is a wealth of information on these helmets. As to value its like anything else, what you can get for them, John.

• 7 months later...

Hi Gents,

I am msot sorry for the delayed reply, what with only just having joined and not being online much during exasm season.. I completely forgot about this forum!!!

When I am next home from Uni I will get some pictures for you.

thanks

Matt