Amberley museum military vehicle day May 22nd

living near lgw to far to drive would cost 80 quid in fuel, now if they allowed a overnight that would be different matter/ and or fuel contribution

I can't imagine fuel contribution would happen, but an overnight stop-over would make it more attractive proposition for many not in the immediate vicinity of of the museum.

I know it could be said turning it into a 2-day event might be more administratively complex, but being able to arrive from say 1600 hrs the day before would be more attractive. The fact that the public are not there in the evening is of no consequence, the conviviality of a beer & a chat with fellow enthusiasts amongst the vehicles they have just driven there should not be underestimated.

there a bit precious about the place ,ie no tent pegs being driven into carpark surface which i presume as a ex quarry is crushed chalk! if any one does go perhaps they could talk to show organizers about making it a overnight venue

• 2 weeks later...

Will be there, hope to see some more forum members. They did pass a questionair around 2 or 3 years

ago to see how many people wanted a 2 day event, but i dont know the percentages.

Regards. Alan.:-D

I'm booked in, but whether I go depends on the state of my ankle & the state of my fuel tank.

The problem of asking people who attend it as a one-day event, is that most likely they will be fairly local, which is what induced them to go in the first place. So it is just a short trip for them & the deciding factor of attending is not based on whether if it is one or two days.

The problem is that people from further afield may well not go unless it becomes a two-day event. But their opinion would not be available.

I'm going and I agree with everyone else about it being a two day event, like Clive said if exhibitors were self contained for one night, with most of us having vehicles that we can/would be happy to sleep in then I could not see it being a problem, as a West Sussex Area MVT member we have mentioned it several times and again they have said the same thing that they were not happy with tents etc due to the ground.

Griff, I think shanes taking his ferret but then we are doing a convoy run down there with VPK109 on the forum, so hopefully as usual it should be a good event.

Hi, i have been going for a number of years with 3 or 4 in the cab, i have never been asked for more money, i think it may be to stop people turning up with a truck full, but then we spend money in their cafe, so the more the better as far as i am concerned.:D