109 FFR and me

Hi folks – well took the plunge and on Friday my 1973 109 FFR Land Rover will be here, at the mo I have a 1976 88 non-military Land Rover which is just coming to the end of its restoration and will soon be sold (to pay for the 109 :tup:).

The photos are from an auction site and as soon as my camera is back up and working I will post those………now where can I get some on line manuals, photos etc of 109’s FFR and the insides? :?

width=640 height=480http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7744/frontendng9.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5810/rearendtn1.jpg[/img]

He he got her home today by enclosed transportation and first thing first I cleared out the rear tub. Found a spare 24 volt alternator, two 24 volt dizzy’s and I now own another starter handle. :-D

Also she came with one of her original military number plates (do Halfords do them?), the convoy switch seems to have suffered a short at some point but still works. The only thing that doesn’t is the indicators, the hazard switch kind of works in so much as all four indicators come on but don’t flash. :roll:

Body wise she needs a rub down and a re-paint and there is a small hole in the driver floor and a biggish one in the front cross member (nothing the mig can’t sort). 8-)

Me happy, the wife happy and the four boys like bouncing all over her and asking if they can sleep in her tonight! :?

The problem with flashers sounds like the square military flasher relay these are bl--dy dear you can fit civvi unit will try to dig out wiring sequence if your not 2 worried about strict originality.

light switches really benefit from a squirt of electrical contact cleaner buy at Maplins or RS maplins cheaper

Regards Hardyferret