Time to junk those diesel conversions and get a big Rolls

ruxy

5 answers to this question

Hydrogen as fuel has been going since the at least 1960. We had two Mercedes Hydrogen powered buses at First five years ago. They were used to take the Olymipic reps about (If I knew then...) Problem at the moment is cost of infrastructure. Hydrogen though the Universes most abudant element is normally attached to something elese. The obvious beig water, H2O. Trouble is it takes a lot of effort and energy to split the H off.

ruxy

What they are saying is that the problem of storage and transport of this "hydrogen based" fuel is now resolved.

Yes and I am sure any scientist who is willing to contribute to such an august journal as the Daily Mail will be also able to alter the modulus elasticity of air too.

IMO We are still at least 10 years from an effective roll out of hydrogen cell technology and all the infrastructure that goes with it.

Steve

The mail just plucked the info. off the web site page :-

http://www.cellaenergy.com/index.php?page=Markets#vehicles

I would not doubt the technology is proven and there but yes 10 years to get this low pressure system on the forecourt even if full funding available , this would need a breathing space for car production tanked up as required before the ideal stage of fuel cell and direct electric propulsion at realistic cost (30 years away)..