Stormer in service

robin craig

I am fortunate that I am tenacious and have an investigative and inquisitive mind and a can do attitude.

I have since acquisition of our Stormer TRV (Troop Recce Vehicle) 87 KJ 70, made a connection with someone in the know who will remain silent and anonymous for the time being. Please bear in mind the registration number of our vehicle as it is interesting.

I have been provided pictures of the family of vehicles in various states of usage. There is no permission for others to use these pictures anywhere else.

These pictures show 87 KJ 60 in service, the last two are at BATUS here in Canada.

Of interest to those with "eagle eyes" is the difference in the track.

R

stormer inser1.jpg

stormer inser2.jpg

stormer inser5batus.jpg

Edited by robin craig

Next up are some pictures of 87 KJ 70, which is our vehicle.

The first is at a change of command parade, think it may be at Manorbier in Wales, which is the only UK range that they get fired at.

The other two show ours on Ex Saif Saree in Oman in 2001

Anyone notice anything so far?

R

stormer in service.jpg

stormer oman1.jpg

stormer oman2.jpg

Edited by robin craig

So, for those "eagle eyed" ones you will have noticed I called ours a TRV yet the in service pictures show it as a Fire Unit.

That is because the went through a rebuild and the firing post was removed to supply parts for other vehicles, which is why it was re roled to a TRV. This is genuine and not a Walt vehicle.

Here is as she is now with us.

we have yet to do much with her, other projects are higher on the list right now.

No it is not me in the pictures

R

new vehicles 038.jpg

new vehicles 039.jpg

new vehicles 040.jpg

new vehicles 042.jpg

new vehicles 041.jpg