Is some sanity returning?

I use a smallish diameter UJ from a Magirus Deutz dumptruck on a most extreme duty application running between 0 - 60 rpm (I mean rotation to stall in a nanosecond and makes my teeth rattle.....) and pulling 3,700 Lbf ft, I know from other similar applications that it will take two or three timnes that with no trouble.

Just imagine what the joint's capability might be at engine speed and relatively smooth power flow :shocked:

I am not talking about catastrophic failure but rather excessive wear, and knocked out joints, I have knocked out joints on the propshaft of series I's , 2b's etc running with standard engines. (but I have had a series 1 propshaft burst apart at the UJ, the spider coming through the side of the yoke.) {On Aston Hill of all places.} (with just 52??BHP) from the 1997 F head engine.

Only a small point but the diesels in Explorers are probably only running at half the RPM of the Landy V8's, so even though before the gearbox, they are already doubling the torque because of half engine speed. I may be pessimistic, but when I see the size of AEC's own design of coupling that comes ahead of the Transfer gearbox, and a double reduction rear diff, on a Matador with Half the BHP of most diesel converted Explorers, it does make me wonder if Landy UJ's are really up to the job on an Explorer.