Chevrolet CMP C60L Wrecker

posted on another thread but no replies so far.....

Hi

Would anyone have a list of CES equipment meant to be carried by WW2 wreckers in British/REME hands, especially for a C60L CMP wrecker with Holmes crane etc. Mainly looking at A Frames, strops, chains, anything else for vehicle recovery that would be carried.

Regards

Gary

posted on another thread but no replies so far.....

Hi

Would anyone have a list of CES equipment meant to be carried by WW2 wreckers in British/REME hands, especially for a C60L CMP wrecker with Holmes crane etc. Mainly looking at A Frames, strops, chains, anything else for vehicle recovery that would be carried.

Regards

Gary

Can't really help Gary as it's before my time but Roger at the REME museum can maybe help, there are guy's on here I think who are friends with him.

May be worth contacting

International Towing and Recovery Hall of Fame and Museum

3315 Broad Street

Chattanooga, TN 37408-3052

423-267-3132

For questions or comments about the museum, contact :

Cheryl Mish - internationaltowingmuseum@comcast.net

I have never been but i believe it is built on the old Holmes factory and i think they inherited a lot of photos and records. Given a model no they should be able to tell you what equipment was shipped that body. The CMPS i dont know about but the 969 DT had its recovery eqipment fitted to the chassis at this factory and shipped as a finished unit from there. Even today the Miller Corp who bought Holmes ship thier recovery/bodies eqipment fully kitted out ready to work when installed

Edited by cosrec