New one on the Forum

Hi, having finally acquired my somewhat belated (!) birthday indulgence, I am getting to grips with the finer points of owning & running what turns out to be a 1943 British Forces Willys, with the aim of having some family fun whilst also learning about and appreciating a design classic and the times that brought these vehicles to life.

As a fan of design, engineering & conservation, hats off to some of the restoration jobs I have seen on here, and well done to those who get these vehicles out into their natural environments for the wider public to see.

Needless to say, I would be very grateful for any insights into Jeeps in British Forces, and looking at ours after doing some early research, it does seem to bear the hallmarks of REME maintenance/rebuild, so any pointers much appreciated.

Hi Adam, as others have already said, welcome.

dunno if you've seen this book, but it MIGHT be of interest.

The Wartime Jeep in British Service. by Gavin Birch, (I know Mark Askew/Jeepworld did stock it)

All the best, and see you in a field somewhere.

Andy

Andy, thanks, I have borrowed a copy from a friend and its proved very useful with some fascinating insights; we now know a lot more than we did when we bought the Jeep, along with some excellent stuff on here. Its one thing that attracted me to this particular Jeep, just a bit different, with plenty more to find out I'm sure. Yes, we will be in a muddy field before too long, that's all part of the fun I hear!

Cheers, Adam

Edited by Thumpercross85

Andy, thanks, I have borrowed a copy from a friend and its proved very useful with some fascinating insights; we now know a lot more than we did when we bought the Jeep, along with some excellent stuff on here. Its one thing that attracted me to this particular Jeep, just a bit different, with plenty more to find out I'm sure. Yes, we will be in a muddy field before too long, that's all part of the fun I hear!

Cheers, Adam

No worries, Adam.

Horndean (Overlord) is well worth a visit, run by a group of nice people. :-)

Are you looking to 'dress' jeep,.....and yourselves ??

All the best,

Andy