GMC wiring loom

gas 44

Hi,well for all those who remember Jacks old Gmc we are at last getting round to all those irritating things that needed doing ;).

The next job during the winter is to rewire it,we have the loom from (Rex Ward) but my question is where is the best place to start.

Any comments would be great,I assume that starting from the dash switches may be the easier route.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Merry Christmas to you, lets have some pics of the loom. I think I would start with the worst bit, under the dash board, then work out through the firewall on to the engine front lights ect, the dim dip switch brake light switch then on to working back down the truck to the rear..

Is it all in one piece ?

You don't want to be feeding the dash wiring in through the grommet plate hole in the bulkhead so, as you say, you would be best off starting at the dash and working out from there. Don't connect anything until the whole loom is in place as you may not get it right first time...

- MG

Thanks for the answers thus far.

"lets have some pictures" its not possible ATM I'm not with it and won't be for a week or two.

"is it in one piece" I assume so,although I've not unpacked it yet.

The posting of the question is to give me a head start as it were when I start the job,if you see what I mean :-).

Gary