Gunpowder Mills Show 2007

Greetings all.

Here are the details for next years military vehicle show at the royal gunpowder mills, waltham abbey, essex.

Its on june 23/24th, and we have the usual facilities, proper toilets, cafe, traders, and we supply a meal sat night as a way of saying thanks for coming along.

there is a cinema and museum on site, plus loads of buildings of historical interest.

this year you are guaranteed a free trip round the site, which shows part of the mills that isn't open to the public.

There will be quiet camping for those who wish to sleep, and not so quiet for those who don't!

432 owners are invited to take part in our tank rides, which give you the chance to take some of our visitors around a closed area of the mills, raising money for a military charity, this year it was BLESMA.

Its a relaxed, friendly show, in a beautiful woodland setting.

June 23/24th just off junc 26 of the M-25

more details to follow, as they become available

http://www.royalgunpowdermills.com

http://www.millsmilitaria.co.uk

• 5 months later...

Right, 13 weeks to go and preparations are well under way.

Some forms have been posted out to previous entrants but if your a first timer and want a form let me know, and i'll have one in the post for you.

If you have sent in a form then thanks, and passes etc will be sent out in a few weeks.

If you don't support local shows then local shows will not be put on, lets make this years gunpowder mill show as good as the previous ones!

Rob

• 2 months later...

is it to late to book or can i just turn up in my 80's 109 :computerterror:

Dave, not 100% sure but assuming Rob has not had the arrangements changed by the Mills themselves it is normally OK to turn up from Friday evening.

Rob might be able to confirm this but if you do not get an answer before the weekend dont panic as I know he works shifts and awkward hours.

I would just turn up anyway as the more the merrier :-D and as Rob has said if people do not support the local shows then they dont get put on.

Well the weekend has come and gone, and I'd like to thank all those who turned up, especially the NLBA who raised over £400 for cancer relief at mount vernon hospital, by putting on "tank rides" for the punters with some 432's

For those who didn't turn up, why do you bother sending in entry forms if you don't intend coming (some of you for the second year)

If you don't want to come, don't waste your time and mine by requesting forms and sending them in?

It is partly because of these timewasters that I will NOT be putting on any more shows at the gunpowder mills, I have better things to do with my time.

If you don't support local shows, there will not be any local shows to attend.

Once again, for all those who DID bother to make the effort, you have my thanks.