Jump to content

ww1 collection


Recommended Posts

Hello Paul,


The medal is the Victory Medal with what looks like the ribbon of the British War Medal. It looks, from the other ribbons, like your grandfather was awarded the BWM / VM pair and the VM should have his name, service number and regiment engraved on it. This should tally with his ID tag and would lead you to his Medal Index Card and possibly service papers (all available on line at www.ancestry,co.uk).


If he did serve with the Essex Regt, I might be able to help a bit more!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...