introduction.

Hello to everyone, my name is rob collett aka humber 1 ton truck. I am 38 years old and live in west dorset and work in yeovil doing electronicky things. I am at present doing a complete restoration on a humber 1 ton gs, and i mean COMPLETE!, when not doing this i will be mostly in the pub.

Hi Rob,

Welcome to a fellow 1 ton Humber owner.

I'm a bit older than you, but had my Humber GS a loooong time now. Been restored once but now in need of another hit, particularly the cab, as it had to live outside for a year or two some years ago. However it is still on the road.

Adrian aka HubbyHumber

05 BK 59

FV1601

Chassis No.20559

Contract No. 6/V/6443

Engine No. 6234

Date in Service 19/5/53

Delivered to 12th ‘B’ Vehicle Depot Ashchurch

Receipt Voucher No.ASC/R/1088

Now this is where it gets confusing

Sold 23/7/64

Sale No 72 Lot No.1216a

This was multiple lot ML 79 with 06 BK 38 £220

However the original ledger shows it was struck off Census much later on 3/7/68 from the “Ashchurch Sales A/C” with the unusual entry “No paperwork”

• 2 weeks later...
Hello to everyone, my name is rob collett aka humber 1 ton truck. I am 38 years old and live in west dorset and work in yeovil doing electronicky things. I am at present doing a complete restoration on a humber 1 ton gs, and i mean COMPLETE!, when not doing this i will be mostly in the pub.

Welcome to the forum, once that you have settled into this restoration project properly, you will find that you can`t afford to go to the pub!!!!! I remember the Humber 1 tonner being a nice comfortable truck, they were new when I did my army service with the REME in the 1950s in Germany. Good luck with the restoration....... don`t weaken, its all worth it in the end.:kissoncheek:

Welcome to the forum, once that you have settled into this restoration project properly, you will find that you can`t afford to go to the pub!!!!! I remember the Humber 1 tonner being a nice comfortable truck, they were new when I did my army service with the REME in the 1950s in Germany. Good luck with the restoration....... don`t weaken, its all worth it in the end.:kissoncheek:

Thank you for the welcome, well the old girl hasnt cost me that much to date, 350 pounds purchase price for a runner, a few pots of paint, wire brushes for grinders etc and she is kept inside with an austin k6 and bedford ql for company, god only knows what they talk about at night.:nut: