Missing thread on a new book of postw war MVs in Europe?

N.O.S.

Question

I cannot find a recent post - maybe around 19th, 20th September - concerning a newly published book picturing American and British MVs in non military use after the war.

Having just received a copy and digested it, I was going to post a review. Is it me or is it someone else who is one book short of a library?

4 answers to this question

So it looks like the post has been removed? OK, I guess it was seen as purely a means of free advertising and therefore it conflicted with HMVF's code of practice?

On the basis that members here are free (even positively encouraged) to bring to others' attention any new books of mv interest I will gladly post the information again.

Just to clear up and for clarity - I have no worriess at all about folks advertising on HMVF - in fact I encourage it. What looks like what has happened is that Theo's post was purely pulled because according to the HMVF rules '...To protect members from Scammers you may find posts in the classifieds section may be removed until an acceptable introduction has been made....'

I do understand that not many folks read the rules so sometimes things happen when we apply the rules and no one is aware of the said rule!

Theo is MORE than welcome to blast away on here as I have asked him too. I wasn't aware there was a problem until N.O.S. pinged me a PM and brought my attention to it - that is always the best course of action if you have a problem.

My kind regards,

Jack.