Hello to all, especially Mk1 Militant Drivers

Hi to everybody, my name is Robert Smith, and I am currently living in Sittingbourne Kent. Married to Helen and have 2 adult sons. I used to be a Plant Op Mechanic in the Royal Engineers until the cutbacks in 1994. They offered me a large sum of money to go away, and it seemed rude to refuse. They called it early retirement (I was only 34!) Anyway, eventually, I got the hang of being a civilian and I am now a Project Engineer for a local Bus Company.

I bought my Mk1 Militant in November 2006 from an advert in Milweb. It said "good runner in need of restoration". This meant that although the engine started, everything else was either totally knackered or it had been robbed! Still, I am getting there with it, hope to have it running again later this year.

If I can work out "How to" I will do a restoration blog for it, soon, with loads of before and after photos. In the meantime, best wishes to all. Rob. S

New Home Nov 06.jpg