3rd DALLAS DIG OUT

Dodgey

Thanks for the post Dodgey.

Just a quick thought, would it be better if it was to start around 10:00 am? Just thinking that it would give people who live a fair way away time to get there and not to miss the bargins :-D

....just a thought!

Best wishes.

Jack.

Just a quick thought, would it be better if it was to start around 10:00 am? Just thinking that it would give people who live a fair way away time to get there and not to miss the bargins :-

(I seem to have got myself caught up in the quote), but some sellers, like myself, arrive 0900 or later. Sometimes I have found bargain hunters that come too early get bored & go then miss what turns up later :roll:

I am just thinking from a commercial point of view. If it started at 10:00 am then it gives everyone a better chance.

For an example, I would have to be up at 6:00 to get there for 8:00 and I am a softy southerner. So my train of thought is that if I am any later then all of the 'bargins' would be gone so is there much point in going?!

I think the problem is if you had a 10am start people would still arrive at 8am & try to get in. If the time was rigorously enforced then it could lead to problems of people jamming up the lanes & trying to stop people slipping in early then you need lots of stewards etc.

And of course the traders would still be in first & beat you to the "bargains" anyway. But I have found people who come very early tend to get bored & may well be gone by 10am missing the later traders.

The other thing is that one mans bargain is usually of no interest to the next man & may even be regarded as rubbish by someone else, which after all is the reason for taking the stuff to be unloaded in the first place.

Ok, to solve this problem, Dallas should move thier dig out to Dorset - there, job sorted.

Why not have a Dorset dig out? I used to look forward to the Bovy end of season do, but for many of us its seems to have been moved to always clash with the GDSF. :?

It used to be, I think, the last weekend of Sept. The idea was that, before tax exemption, those who taxed their vehicles for the summer 6 months took it out for the last outing of the season.