i may very well be stupid

c101 comando

Question

we went but stopped in a local hotel with pool and cooked breakfast every morning :-) the downside having to pay on gate every morning to get in , we might swim the river next year when our 3 year old toddler doesnt need armbands ? :cool2:

I had to take something back to the car, tried to get back in via the big gate next to main entrance, only to be told by the security guy, I cant let you through, you must go through building, I waved wristband at him, no avail!!

Mark

I had to take something back to the car, tried to get back in via the big gate next to main entrance, only to be told by the security guy, I cant let you through, you must go through building, I waved wristband at him, no avail!!

Mark

Just walk in down the public footpath:cool2: Simples.:-D

Edited by Degsy

Jst walk in down the public footpath:cool2: Simples.:-D

what was annoying was that I had already paid, but this jobsworth wouldnt budge, like I said, I wasnt the only one he refused, we all had wristbands

Mark

Put my tent up around someone's car transporter trailer, which they wouldn't move (like i'm sure this shouldn't be on the showground). QUOTE]

I rember this as it was my trailer which was brought in to the show ground ready for loading up after being at the ground most of the week and needing a smart getaway in a space that had been empty all week and when i returned to camp you had began to place out your guy lines, so it is not a case of not moving it.

If you had a long journey, got held up and wetter at the booking office i am afraid it wasn`t caused by the trailer.

Ashley

I rember this as it was my trailer which was brought in to the show ground ready for loading up after being at the ground most of the week and needing a smart getaway in a space that had been empty all week and when i returned to camp you had began to place out your guy lines, so it is not a case of not moving it.

If you had a long journey, got held up and wetter at the booking office i am afraid it wasn`t caused by the trailer.

Ashley

Thats not quite how i remember it, we spoke to you before i started to put my tent up. But my memory might be playing tricks on me, it had been a long day.

Your right my troubles on my journey were not caused by you or your trailer and is not the point I'm making. Bouncing a trailer around after the jourmey was something i could have done without, but you can park your trailer any where you like for me mate. But if the rules were up held then the trailer wouldn't have been there in the first place.

Edited by rippo

I have attended every show at the Hop Farm either as exhibitor or visitor so have seen it from 'day one'.

In the early days Rex and his team did all the work and I believe it was all at no cost to us.I have no problem with him doing well now.

I am not too concerned about how the show is run financially on the basis that if it is worth the fuel cost I will go and if not, I won't.

This argument has been going all that time.

There are things you simply will not see elsewhere, Dragon Wagons, Reo Thunder and not to overlook the astonishing living history displays.

I also had the opportunity to personally thank all of the veterans I encountered. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be arguing about this.......................

Martin

I have attended every show at the Hop Farm either as exhibitor or visitor so have seen it from 'day one'.

In the early days Rex and his team did all the work and I believe it was all at no cost to us.I have no problem with him doing well now.

I am not too concerned about how the show is run financially on the basis that if it is worth the fuel cost I will go and if not, I won't.

This argument has been going all that time.

There are things you simply will not see elsewhere, Dragon Wagons, Reo Thunder and not to overlook the astonishing living history displays.

I also had the opportunity to personally thank all of the veterans I encountered. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't be arguing about this.......................

Martin

Your spot on there Martin, totally agree with what you have said.

Regarding costs. Public gate money is controled by the Hop farm not Rex

I can only say I saw thousands of vehicles over the week and a lot of happy people saying it was the best W & P in a long time. Last year was grey and flat for me. This year I had a good one. I digress. I agree with Joris, we have turned this one over before. But why not, this is a forum. Degsy and Mike, I support your right not to attend as much as anyone who does want to go. The hobby needs variety and having been on Bolero and A & E I agree these events are VERY special. But there can only be so many. W & P has grown into a monster in the years since I first went in 1998. I consider myself a newcomer to this hobby.

Whether is is a cancerous nasty monster or a benign one is a matter of personal choice.

As a member of the press team, I get free entry for my MV and a red shirt. I get meals and beverages of a non alcoholic nature. I got free entry for my son James who is my kit sherpa.

Therefore I can be perceived to have a vested interest.

I work my ass off at W & P for barely any gain. I sell no pix to the established magazines and the trip cost me £200 in living expenses and gasoline for my vehicle - a drop in the ocean compared to some, I know. I bought two steel helmets for the sum total of £17.50.

I wouldn't miss it for the world. It is mad, bad and can, as we have seen on other threads, be dangerous. I hate the facilities and aspects of the organisation. The dust this year wrecked my main use Nikon camera. More expense. But the friendships and experiences I've built up over the years are priceless.

If I object to notions of profiteering and so on, I suspect it is because anyone would - especially in Britain.

This argument will run and run. Business is business. A man once said: "It is what it is".

I have no problem with discussing it on this forum - and keep it going. The power of our mutual association is our variety. We are not sheep. Go, or don't go. Relish the freedom of choice.

MB

I have always noticed a huge difference in the 'atmosphere' between commercial shows and those organised by enthusiasts which in my opinion are much more relaxed and enjoyable.

I have no problem with paying for food and facilities at an event such as A&E where there is no commercial involvement. What do others think about this?

I can only say I saw thousands of vehicles over the week and a lot of happy people saying it was the best W & P in a long time. Last year was grey and flat for me. This year I had a good one. I digress. I agree with Joris, we have turned this one over before. But why not, this is a forum. Degsy and Mike, I support your right not to attend as much as anyone who does want to go. The hobby needs variety and having been on Bolero and A & E I agree these events are VERY special. But there can only be so many. W & P has grown into a monster in the years since I first went in 1998. I consider myself a newcomer to this hobby.

Whether is is a cancerous nasty monster or a benign one is a matter of personal choice.

As a member of the press team, I get free entry for my MV and a red shirt. I get meals and beverages of a non alcoholic nature. I got free entry for my son James who is my kit sherpa.

Therefore I can be perceived to have a vested interest.

I work my ass off at W & P for barely any gain. I sell no pix to the established magazines and the trip cost me £200 in living expenses and gasoline for my vehicle - a drop in the ocean compared to some, I know. I bought two steel helmets for the sum total of £17.50.

I wouldn't miss it for the world. It is mad, bad and can, as we have seen on other threads, be dangerous. I hate the facilities and aspects of the organisation. The dust this year wrecked my main use Nikon camera. More expense. But the friendships and experiences I've built up over the years are priceless.

If I object to notions of profiteering and so on, I suspect it is because anyone would - especially in Britain.

This argument will run and run. Business is business. A man once said: "It is what it is".

I have no problem with discussing it on this forum - and keep it going. The power of our mutual association is our variety. We are not sheep. Go, or don't go. Relish the freedom of choice.

MB

well said its a choice to be a part of it or not I enjoyed every day of it! There were bad points that are posted on this fourm tents stolen,noise,snappers camera and the worst bad flying but we still had fun looking forward to 2011 W&P

Al

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: