Ferret flying across the field' s !!!!

Fugly

:-)

Took the ferret (02CC12) for a thrash across the fields last night , and was amazed how the suspension smoothed thing out. Its not been on the road yet (need to wire lights up), but I am almost there . Had a misfire on number 6 cylinder and a small leak on one of the engine sideplates, but considering its 20 year lay-up its not too bad at all.

Question ? Whats a second hand de-ac browning .30 worth ?

:-)

Took the ferret (02CC12) for a thrash across the fields last night , and was amazed how the suspension smoothed thing out.

A word of warning. If you take your Ferret out and follow a Saracen, don't expect to be able to keep up across rough ground.

When I saw "Ferret flying across the field" I couldn't help but remember my first time driving a Ferret, at night on the lanes of West Tyrone. We entered a small town (take your pick: it could have been Fintona, Augher, Clogher, Dromore, Fivemiletown: they all looked the same deserted in the dark) and the Can took the chicane (45-gallon drums and speed bumps) in front of the RUC station without reducing speed at all. I became aware of a whining, which stopped when I hit the first speed bump, took off, cleared the second and landed, for my commander to snot his head on the turret. It seemed the whining had been his scream of terror when he realised what was going to happen but he couldn't get the Larkspur mike to his mouth quickly enough.

I promptly learned how to take speed bumps at speed in a four-wheeled vehicle.