Tiefladeanhanger,25 ton 16 rad......Kassbohrer

Gentlemen, I live in a remote and small eastern Poland village and one of the above seems to be parked in a field in the village......or did the commies copy it? a giveway to it being of western origin are the well worn reflective plates. If anyone is interested I could get some close up pics for definite identification. (I have the 'Tankograd' publication 'Schwere Haubenzugmaschinen und Schwertransporter) This was a high tech trailer in it,s day, are there manystill knocking about.....I think I know why it is in the field....it,s just too big for these roads!!!!(My U1300L is too big for these roads!!!!) If it is worth it, I,m betting it would go cheap as chips, but we are a long way from civilisation.

• 1 month later...

Sorry Guys, I have been busy, just moved here 4 mths ago and this place has been neglected for more than 5 years, I,ve got 2 houses and and a big barn/garage to restore, (before a harsh winter), the minute I have time, I will take pictures and you experts can help me confirm that it is what I think it is. It was a very hight tech piece of kit in it,s day, knock out axles, both bogies steer and not on turntables but 'ackerman' style, if it is parked in a place that it is difficult to get a prime mover to, you just bring the towing bar from the front to the rear, make a couple of adjustments and you tow it away...in effect the front becomes the rear and vice versa. It would look so good behind a big Deutz Jupiter or one of the Faun L912 trucks. I wonder if there are any Germans knocking around the forum who could tell us wether it is now a rare piece of military hardware? I promise I,ll be back when I get time to get pics, I drive past it once a week at least. If anyone needs to know anything about it in the meantime I am at cooper721@btinternet.com. Ha ha, that made me laugh, the end of the world is what the locals call it, but you have to admit I couldn,t go much further east without being able to smell Putin,s socks! shame Google earth can,t bring people in close enough to look at the trailer or I would just give co-ordinates.