Hello from Australia

juddy

Just wanted to say a big hello from Oz.....

The main reason i have joined the HNVF, is because i am purchasing a Land Rover FC2B HCB Angus Firelfy. IT was once used in a MOD Ordnance factory, from 1971 onwards, and i would like to find out as much info on this Land Rover, and the type itself.

The plan is to have it ready for the 65th Anniversary event in 2013, so we have a lot to do.....

Please reply to info request in this thread http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?19349-ex-Army-FC-2b-Fire-truck.....&p=211440#post211440

Edited by Marmite!!

Welcome Juddy, you have found a nice toy there. There are some pictures on the Fire truck thread. The FC series two is a rare beast. They did have a brief moment of glory as fire engines, then it was found the standard Land Rover could do the same job, cheaper. PS when you say Royal Ordnance Factory, any idea which one?

Welcome Juddy, you have found a nice toy there. There are some pictures on the Fire truck thread. The FC series two is a rare beast. They did have a brief moment of glory as fire engines, then it was found the standard Land Rover could do the same job, cheaper. PS when you say Royal Ordnance Factory, any idea which one?

Royal Ordinance Factory Featherstone near Wolverhampton. I am told...