CVR(T) track puller tool

Lewis Garner

Hi all,

Does anyone have the tool needed to pull the tracks together? If we could beg or borrow, or even if anyone knows where we could buy the tool, we would greatly appreciate it. Dad was at Andy Baker's today and unfortunately he couldn't find one.

Thanks and regards, Lewis

That's a good point Clive, we shall ask if we come up with nothing. It's sod's law, Dad was up at Marcus's place only this week! He's taking his test with Terry Brooks on Monday so you never know, he might have one.

Regards, Lewis

Hi Chris, thanks for that, I shall do so. The track is still together at the mo, we've been given a track pin by Andy to use as a drift, that's about it! Presumably 'there is a nack' means 'it's a right pain in the backside'? :D

Regards, Lewis

I think you should try and find the proper track kit, each one of the items has a use. Green Machine Surplus have some of the bits.

I find it easiest to split the track between the first wheel and the sprocket. When you put it back together, clamp it up with the track clamp over 2 links. Insert the long drift from the rear (not a pin) and then use the crow bar to align the bushes. If they are not lined up you'll spend all day trying to hammer the pin in. I put the nut on the outside of the pin and then drive it home with a dead blow hammer so as not to damage the threads.

See attached image for details of lining up the bushes.

Chris

cvrt track.jpg

I concur with Chris (Sirhc) abou there being a sweet spot as he decribes.I agree with him on where to do it also.

It is a grunting kind of job and would not want to do it on my own, last time we had 3 persons but only 2 did the work as one couldnt grasp "a smidge" and other such technical terms.

Do it more than once and it becomes familiar.

Frankly if a person owns a CVRT and someone else does it then they should forefit driving for a while.

my 2 cents worth

R