Dingo Info

Hi

Can anyone tell me the pitfalls of owning a Dingo ? fuel economy ?, MoT ? availability ?

I quite fancy one............................any for sale ? whats the going price ?

Jules

Hi Jules,

One of the pitfalls is tyres, they are an odd size and only vehicle fitted with 7.00-18 Trackgrip runflats. That being said, I have fitted some truck tyres to one, found them in the US and they do not wear like the old runflats ( which were last made in the 1950's). Fuel economy, think it is around 10-12 mpg, depending on how you drive of course. Great little vehicle, needs regular oil level checks, due to primitve oil sealing of tracta housings. MoT.......I have had to have one tested, but others have been on an exemption sanctioned by DVLA, it is not asked for on the licence renewal. The customers one that I had to get tested was not an issue, a local garage did it, and I took the tester out on the road with his Tapley meter. Going price, well not too many seen advertised in this country lately.

regards, Richard

Thank you Richard, so the best tip is to check the tyre condition of any potential purchase!

Jules

Hi Jules,

One of the pitfalls is tyres, they are an odd size and only vehicle fitted with 7.00-18 Trackgrip runflats. That being said, I have fitted some truck tyres to one, found them in the US and they do not wear like the old runflats ( which were last made in the 1950's). Fuel economy, think it is around 10-12 mpg, depending on how you drive of course. Great little vehicle, needs regular oil level checks, due to primitve oil sealing of tracta housings. MoT.......I have had to have one tested, but others have been on an exemption sanctioned by DVLA, it is not asked for on the licence renewal. The customers one that I had to get tested was not an issue, a local garage did it, and I took the tester out on the road with his Tapley meter. Going price, well not too many seen advertised in this country lately.

regards, Richard

Hi

Can anyone tell me the pitfalls of owning a Dingo ? fuel economy ?, MoT ? availability ?

I quite fancy one............................any for sale ? whats the going price ?

Jules

I do know of one for sale, pm me re contact only if seriously interested. Guy wanted cash and it wouldnt be cheap, but it's in the UK, and i hear he might now take a p/ex....