6v/12V electric genius required.....

OK here goes guys....i need an electrical genius with a knowledge of 12v jeep electrics....

My MB has 12v electrical system on it....yes i know not for the purist but until i have the cash to return it to 6v it will be a "will do" for now.

It has the Jolley Engineering (no point) ignition system on it and also a lucas 12v small regulator and 12v dynamo/ alternator ?

I need to know if anyone has the same system how to wire up the charging system with the corresponding terminals and wiring please.

On the regulator it has the terminals...A1-A-F-D-E

so what goes where...i am speculating that F is Field and E is Earth and D is Dynamo......and that A and A1 are for charging lights etc.

Also what wires come from the HT side of the coil and to where ?

Any help helpful

Thnaks in advance guys

Regards

Lloyd

OK here goes guys....i need an electrical genius with a knowledge of 12v jeep electrics....

also a lucas 12v small regulator and 12v dynamo/ alternator ?

I need to know if anyone has the same system how to wire up the charging system with the corresponding terminals and wiring please.

so what goes where...i am speculating that F is Field and E is Earth and D is Dynamo......and that A and A1 are for charging lights etc.

Also what wires come from the HT side of the coil and to where ?

Lloyd,

If you have a Lucas voltage regulator, then you should have a dynamo and not an alternator.

The terminal A on the regulator goes to the ammeter and from there to the live side of the starter switch.

Terminal A1 feeds the ignition switch.

Regarding wires from the HT side of coil.........there is only one, the thick one in the middle which goes to the middle of the dist. cap. :wink:

Kewelde

Top man thanks for that.......so if its wired up as per the MV spares complete new wiring loom....the under dash wiring will all be in place i.e charging system wiring to the 2 post Junction Block behind the air bath oil filter.

The one that is confusing me is the single black wire with white tracing that says it comes from coil HT or LT ? side to distributor......as i have the Jolley Engineering ignition system do i do away with this wire as i already have pos and neg feed to the distributor.

Also am i right in saying that F is Field,D is Dynamo and E is Earth ???

Thanks for the advice its musch appreciated

Regards

Lloyd

The one that is confusing me is the single black wire with white tracing that says it comes from coil HT or LT ? side to distributor......as i have the Jolley Engineering ignition system do i do away with this wire as i already have pos and neg feed to the distributor.

Also am i right in saying that F is Field,D is Dynamo and E is Earth ???

Lloyd,

You will have to check out your new harness to ascertain the ammeter and ign. switch feeds, A and A1 respectively.

Wiring should be done using the correct colour codes for particular circuits and I see White with black tracer is "ign coil to distributor", that would be from the CB or + terminal on the coil. As I do not know how the Jolley system is wired, I cannot comment on that, assume it is already wired up from what you say.

F, D and E is as you say, correct.

regards,

Kewelde

Hi again Kewelde as you correctly say the Jolley system is wired correctly with red and black + and - wire taken from both terminals on the coil and that runs correctly as i have not changed that from when i started the restoration.

All the other wiring is correct as per the MV spares loom and is correct to the 2 post junction block( charging circuit).

All i need is the correct wiring directions for the dynamp and regulator.

I know its as clear as mud isnt it ?

regards and thanks for the help so far

Lloyd