CVRW old to new lubricants list - my military plate

Hi,

Just thought I'd post here to see what people think - I spoke to a very knowldgeable ex mod type at Morris lubricants and he came up with this list when he'd translated the Joint services numbers on the original servicing booklets I have

suspension etc oep220 = lodexol ultradrive

engine omd 110/75 = multi vis 15/50

gearbox OMD110 multi vis 15/50

hubs oep220 = lodexol ultradrive

brake fluid OM 13 - liquamatic no2

fluid coupling OM13 - liquamatic no2

power steering OMD40 - multi vis 15/50

btw my original military plate was 10 FD 93 :)

any thoughts on what coolant tio use - it was diluted Al 39 on my book - what does anyone else use?

cheers

Mark

Mark,

For the suspension and hubs use EP90. (I now have some drums of OEP220 so use that, but I used to use EP90.)

I doubt there's much difference between liquimatic no. 1 and no. 2, but we have been using no. 1. I will say though that if you are having no problems with the flywheel, don't touch it!

I use whatever antifreeze I can get from a local truck spares place, I buy it in 25litre drums as we get through a lot of it. Just dilute as per the info on the side.

I've not got 10FD93 on my list, can you post a photo?

Chris

Hi,

Ill post a photo no probs - Im not sure what u mean by flywheel tho - the fluid coupling do u mean? Im just toppping up most of the stuff as it runs ok now - although Ill do an oil and coolant chnage as they havent been done for years.

I really wanted the ep90 or 80/90w which is the lodexol ultradrive for the lines that you can open via a bolt in the hull. Just tom top them up.

cheers

Mark

Hi,

Ill post a photo no probs - Im not sure what u mean by flywheel tho - the fluid coupling do u mean? Im just toppping up most of the stuff as it runs ok now - although Ill do an oil and coolant chnage as they havent been done for years.

Mark,

What is the fluid coupling, if it isn't a flywheel? :-)

Don't take the filler plug out unless you have the correct tool. If you drop it inside the housing it's an engine out job. Also replace the copper washer before you put it back in. I think if it's not leaking, it won't need topping up, so leave it alone.

Chris

Edited by sirhc

OM13 is, per the technical specifciation, an ISO 12 - Liquimatic No 1 is ISO10 whilst No2 is ISO15.

Most Reme folks say it makes no difference if you use 1 or 2.

FWIW I got a drum of 2 on offer so have used that for years (actually used is a misnoma, I have consumed about 1 pint!)

Everyone I know with a Ferret has used EP90 and/or 80w90 for years.

I have done so since 1994 when my supply of genuine OEP 220 ran out.