This year's beltring.

rambo1969

Hi every body my show was great as i camped from friday-Sunday and it wasnt all a rush. But the show its self didnt seem as busy as last year but that might just be me and also i agree bb guns should be banned but the thing is if the organisers dont want them on site they should not have stalls selling them but the bike thing they should not have anybody under age driving them but i surpose that is easyer said than done but over all it was a good show role on next year.

Buster

Perhaps we should start with the organizers setting an example, just how many quads did I see with a minor in charge, and a red top riding pillion ?

Not exactly management by example.

But with these extra offers of help, it will surely be better next year.

I can't belive the locals complain about the noise!.

It must boost thier economy by 50% at least.

When you consider that war and peace is the biggest show of the year, I think it is run very well.

I did see a marshall telling someone to slow down, but the marshall was in a landy, driving whilst holding a beer!.

The only thing I don't like is the toilet's, but this year we hired one privately, £129.00, tue to mon, between 10 of us it was well worth it.

Well done Rex on another great show.

So if you really want to fire a blank firer, why not join and support a LH group, where there will be local supervision? Lets also restrict all vehicle movement to registered MV entrants. Then instill some authority into the red tops, let them wear "MP" badges and carry night sticks.

Perhaps play Revellie at 0500, have a chow line and "Bull" parade,.............. and a 10,000 strong FFI line up.

My thoughts are that with the number of people attending the number of "incidents" occuring is still VERY low, whilst each one IS annoying they really are in the minority.

But I do look forward to you guys giving up YOUR time and helping to run nexts years event. Thank you.

As per the show rules "There are no vehicle movements between 9am and 6pm unless going to or from the show arena for a display" or words to that effect, the reason why people on bikes/quads were going around between these times, is because they had a sticker on they were under the impression that this allowed them to ride at anytime and this was not challenged.

Maybe Karoshi has an idea, HMVF could put forward a few people to help marshall a certain area under his supervision and then we could see at first hand how hard it is to carry out this job.

Guys.

I think that you may be getting the wrong end of the stick here. If life, human nature was as simple as saying 'But I do look forward to you guys giving up YOUR time and helping to run next's years event. Thank you' then there wouldn't be any problems at all in life at all and I would view that as a cop out.

I think the best, most productive way forward would be to identify the 'hot spots' and then set about how to deal with them constructively. I would imagine that if the question was asked to the movement then there wouldn't be any shortage of people wanting to help. Have people been asked in the past?

Mark, you have a PM.

i had a great Beltring,

met Rown, Dotty dodge at membury at 2.30 am sat 15th & after stopping for a wake up walk at reading,bracknel & clacket lane we landed at 7am.

set up camp, chatted etc ate & went to bed at 9pm to the sound of the Sex Pistols from the group behind us. we woke at 7am to the sound of the Sex pistols with the thoughts that we hadn't actually slept.

some poor MV owner had packed up & moved but we complaind to Rex & fair play to him we didn't get any more hassle.

I heard the marshalls on many occasions telling people on quads to slow down & i also heard the abuse they got back.

wednesday & thursday in the beer tents were great & i could be found boogying on down in Kitcheners till 1am & then finishing off in Gingers till 2.30 am..

I took my own 12 v shower which was fab & we had 3 toilets in our area, it is cheaper the more you have as you only pay for 1 lot of del & pick up charge. we had a 10ft pool, A 20ft cinema & a central shelter to hide from the sun. we don't mind walking backwards & forwards to & from the stalls etc as it burns off enough calories to allow us to have a few drinks & cope with the munchies when we get into bed.

the staff & other customers at waitrose were so friendly & always chatted when we went in, 1 old lady said she loved seeing all the vehicles driving round town, maybe it is the younger generations who don't like us being there.

I didn't see any fights till the friday/sat night when all the weekenders had turned up & even then it was only in Gingers & Rex was on the scene those 2 nights keeping an eye on things. When the girl collapsed on saturday night it took seconds for him to call for back up & the ambulance & the tent was cleared in no time.

It was so much better than last year from what i saw. I suppose it depended on where you were & when as to what you saw & didn't see but for me it was great.

The marshalls do have a difficult job & they also get a lot of stick, how many of you could take that much abuse & not fight back? i know i couldn't.

They know where the problems are but enforcing the rules on 10 thousand plus people is a thankless task.

well done guys & see you next year.

ta

Berni

Looking at this situation as a neutral as I don't go to Beltring it seems to me that there appears to be a general lack of control, the size of the event is irrelevant, you must have the required no of marshalls/security and they must have the power to deal with the rule breakers ie serious offenders removed from site and blacklisted in future. I fail to understand why quads etc are even allowed on site because if there was a serious incident the repercussions re Insurance and Health and Safety could be catastrophic for the show,and yes before you ask I have been involved with the organisation of large shows.