Ferret ignition coil wire

I got 2 replacent leeds for the ignition coil to the distributor. How does the HT leed, the one that goes in the middle of the coil with the reddish screw out cap attach inside? Is it like a screw in type wire terminal? I dont want to just yank the wire out before I know how it is attached inside.

Thanks-Chris

Chris you just turn the grooved knob anti-clockwise. Should be able to do it by hand. It doesn't take many turns as it has a very coarse thread. You will see that the end of the wire has about 1/4 in removed from the insulatiuon.

The wires themselves have been fed through a spit washer with a small hole made of brass & then splayed out uniformly so that it will make contact with the central brass bolthead in the coil assembly.

Just mind you don't loose that washer. Sometimes people loose them & just stuff the wire in without it which is not a very reliable way to do it.

Chris you just turn the grooved knob anti-clockwise. Should be able to do it by hand. It doesn't take many turns as it has a very coarse thread. You will see that the end of the wire has about 1/4 in removed from the insulatiuon.

The wires themselves have been fed through a spit washer with a small hole made of brass & then splayed out uniformly so that it will make contact with the central brass bolthead in the coil assembly.

Just mind you don't loose that washer. Sometimes people loose them & just stuff the wire in without it which is not a very reliable way to do it.

The first time I removed the wire from my coil the nice brass washer went ping straight into the depths of the Ferret !

Thanks for the info. What does the groved knob do? The wire is thinner than the hole. Does the hole red cap come off? Wish my illustrated parts manual had a exploded pic of it. I can figure out most stuff just from the drawings.

-Chris