Diesel mechanical fuel pumps to fit ECU Controlled Engines

phil munga

:-) I've not been on the forum that much lately , I've been very busy building hybrid fuel pumps to power engines that were once controlled by an ECU controlled fuel pump,

What this means is that later engines can be fitted into older vehicles , to give an idea the VW TDi engines , also looking at BMW engines from the 325TD as fitted to range rovers . the Mercedes sprinter 412 type engine

I've also built a pump to work some 220/300bar injectors that I'm going to fit to a Peugeot HDi engine , the injectors from a 300TDi landrover will fit the Peugeot HDi but the ones I looked at only operate at 200bar ,

I've been told that the later 300TDi injectors work at 200/300bar but cant find any information to back this up

:-)

Edited by phil munga

Good luck with that project - very worthwhile thing to do. I know of one very good vehicle which was scrapped because the cost of a new ECU was more than the vehicle was worth.

I'd be very interested to learn what is involved with this task. Are these engines common rail system or conventional pump / injector?

Hi Thank you N.O.S, what type of vehicle was scraped ?

I've built up a few , ones fitted to a pals camper , he'd had a VW TDi engine for twelve years unable to get it running after trying to wire up an ECU or the many pumps tried ,, I built up a pump fitted primed and away it went :D

Another that I've assembled is to be fitted to a common rail engine , on a few common rail engines the injectors can be swapped for the old school type that are clamped in :-)