Just to Say Hello

Nik

Hi,

My name is Nick and my hobby is making models, mainly military figures, vehicles, aircraft and the occaisional ship/boat. My interest in this site was due to my particular interest in British military vehicles in the WWII and immediate postwar era. Being an ex Army brat I lived in Cyprus during the Suez Crisis an the Cypriot EOKA campaign. Currently I am researching stuff to build models that I would have seen at this time.

My latest builds include an AFV Club Centurion of 6RTR in the Suez, and a Daimler Armoured Car Mk II in a Cypriot vignette.

I'll post images later when I've got the hang of it, in the mean time I'll be souring this site for reference material. Cheers

Hi,

My name is Nick and my hobby is making models, mainly military figures, vehicles, aircraft and the occaisional ship/boat. My interest in this site was due to my particular interest in British military vehicles in the WWII and immediate postwar era. Being an ex Army brat I lived in Cyprus during the Suez Crisis an the Cypriot EOKA campaign. Currently I am researching stuff to build models that I would have seen at this time.

My latest builds include an AFV Club Centurion of 6RTR in the Suez, and a Daimler Armoured Car Mk II in a Cypriot vignette.

I'll post images later when I've got the hang of it, in the mean time I'll be souring this site for reference material. Cheers

Hello Nick !

This site is full of very experienced people so I am sure it will assist in many aspects of your modelling, also please let me know if you ever come across a decent PLASTIC scale model kit of the Daimler Ferret . I heard a rumour that Revell were going to do one ?

Cheers anyway !

Jim

Hello Nick !

This site is full of very experienced people so I am sure it will assist in many aspects of your modelling, also please let me know if you ever come across a decent PLASTIC scale model kit of the Daimler Ferret . I heard a rumour that Revell were going to do one ?

Cheers anyway !

Jim

Try accurate armour, apparently easy to build!!

"The model kit is simple to construct but with no compromises on detail and satisfying for both novice and experienced modeller alike."

http://www.accurate-armour.com/showaaproducts.cfm?category=20&subcategory=6

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've found the modelling forums and will post photos there. As for the Daimler Armoured car as far as I am aware the only plastic kit is the Hasegawa (sorry about the spelling) 1/72 scale which is still availabe but very old. Accurate armour do the Mk I & II in resin and these are relatively easy to build.

Cheers Nick

PS how do I keep track of topics in the forums that interest me?