springs howitzer 105mm

Snap ... pardon the pun, the springs off my Howitzer are just the same, just about to get a set made in the next couple of weeks !

So there you go there are at least 3 105's here then, all ex Greece lets have some pics.

The restoration of the M2 took me 6 months,it was quite an extensive rebuild with many parts to repair.

Some pics attached,before and after ( I think I have posted these before but here they are again )

The M2 is a very nice piece indeed and well worth restoring properly.

I have just completed repairs to the sight assemblies so they are to be fitted to the gun.These were also severly damaged during the demill process.

Rob.......................rnixartillery.

DSCF1496..jpg

DSCF1495..jpg

DSCF2358.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

DSCF1488.jpg

105 007.jpg

DSCF1494.jpg

DSCF2299.jpg

Thank you for posting the photo's I m pretty sure I d recall those if you had posted them earlier. How did you repair the gear teeth ? weld and grind?

I cut out the burnt sections ,welded blocks back in and took both plates to a gear cutters and had them re-cut.

This is expensive but being an essential part of the gun well worth the cost.

These cannot be repaired with a grinder,not properly anyway !.

Rob..............................rnixartillery.

Rob, that's a fantastic rebuild and you've done an incredible job. I shudder to think what that new gear cutting cost. Is the demilling of artillery governed by an an international body or is it just a British requirement?

Rob, that's a fantastic rebuild and you've done an incredible job. I shudder to think what that new gear cutting cost. Is the demilling of artillery governed by an an international body or is it just a British requirement?

The cutting up of the guns was a quick rough job to render them unusable in the eyes of the Greek army, so I presume they could then be sold as scrap. Each country have their own ways for the guns to comply. The UK have very specific ways that larger guns are to be deactivated and have to be inspected and stamped then a certificate can be issued for it to prove it is deactivated to a UK spec.