Hello to all from mike65

mike65

Well after a bit f deliberation I have gotten a military vehicle.

So I am new to military vehicles and also web forums.

My first choice would have been a Spitfire but funds could not stretch that far.

A pilot's licence would also have been usefull.

So I have settled for a Series 3 Land Rover 109" (an FFR I believe) with the intention of returning it back to how it was in its earlier life with a fully documented rolling restoration. Not to showroom condition though, after all it has had a life.

The intention is to take it to shows.

Hopefully will be diligent to record everything for future refernce and aid to others.

Edited by mike65

Well after a bit f deliberation I have gotten a military vehicle.

So I am new to military vehicles and also web forums.

My first choice would have been a Spitfire but funds could not stretch that far.

A pilot's licence would also have been usefull.

So I have settled for a Series 3 Land Rover 109" (an FFR I believe) with the intention of returning it back to how it was in its earlier life with a fully documented rolling restoration. Not to showroom condition though, after all it has had a life.

The intention is to take it to shows.

Hopefully will be diligent to record everything for future refernce and aid to others.

welcome to the forum Mike,where abouts in Chesham are you as it is only just a few miles from me in Rickmansworth and it is always useful to know like minded locals

Nigel

I will post some pics as soon as I get some daylight as I need to take some for record purposes, insurer etc.

Mind you it probably looks better in the dark.

Have just found out the brake lights don't work, when driving, suspect the switch as they worked before engine was started.

Oh well jusy anothe electrical glitch to sort out.

The to do list is getting longer.

Suppose it will keep me outside and busy.

I will post some pics as soon as I get some daylight as I need to take some for record purposes, insurer etc.

Mind you it probably looks better in the dark.

Have just found out the brake lights don't work, when driving, suspect the switch as they worked before engine was started.

Oh well jusy anothe electrical glitch to sort out.

The to do list is getting longer.

Suppose it will keep me outside and busy.

Welcome Mike

Don't worry I how have a Landrover series 3 FFR and i have found the indicators have Packed up and found it to be the wiring (not a mechanic or use to vehicle electrics) but i expect with the rest of the series 3 owners on here they will be able to help you out if you get stuck, we are a freindly bunch and someone will be along soon i'm shaw.

Mark

Many thanks for the welcome.

so far I have fixed brake lights, somebody had badly adjusted switch.

As promised I have taken some pics of how it is.

Chassis and mechanicals seem fine.

Just needs the dash sorting, no working gauges or lights (speedo Ok).

Interior needs a bit of work, seats make refuelling interesting.

Mike

P1010138.JPG

P1010140.JPG

P1010139.JPG

P1010141.JPG

P1010143.JPG