Pictures of old machinery

poppypiesdad

If it's where I think it is, you need permission to view (Not often granted) there is a remote signalling device on site so if you go wandering in the landowner will soon follow !!

Will see if I can match up some pictures to clarify.

nice link you found there ,, Does anyone know where these photos were taken :)

The pictures were taken at the airfield belonging to Nelson Greens plant sales in Lincolnshire. You must always call and see them at their yard to get permission before going in. I have been their many times when passing over the last 20 years.

Just had a quick shufty on Google earth. It's marked down as RAF Folkingham on there. Didn't realise the scale of the place from the 28 days later explores, it's immense.

Can't be too far from Antar Mike. I'm sure he'd be aware of the Antar there and any useful spares it may yield. Seem's to be a treasure trove of other parts as well. I wonder if they are interested in selling parts or just whole vehicles.

I did talk to Nelson Green's son, (Nelson I beieve died some time ago), about some Antar tyres he had. Not on vehicles but stored in the open, he only said "how did you know they were there? they are not for sale" I haven't bothered talking to them since.

The Antar and some of the tyres were sold to Dave Hardy a couple of years ago.

He's always after bits to help restore it if anyone knows of any being broken up.