SPARKY lives again.

ace1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was painted brown because the paint was free:-D then it ran out:cry:.

Then i got some nice blue paint :cool2:.

Next job, paint it!

Then put the chassis back together.

ps these pictures were taken over a 9 year period, i aint no super dude:nono:

Alan.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The engine was next.

If i had the benefit of this forum when doing the rebuild i would have done things a bit differently, like not painting everything on the enging red!

However i now have a recon injector pump fitted, which is not painted, looks much better than in these pictures.

Alan.

10.jpg

The engine was exammined internally, flushed, and the only adjustment needed was the tappets, it started on the bench with the first push of the button, after nine years.

The gearbox was also all ok under all the dirt.

Alan.

12.jpg

11.jpg

is this the one that was winched out of a wood by an explorer some years ago?

As far as the history goes, this was used as a training vehicle, and was rescued from somewhere in Bedford by Gerrald Russel 15 or so years ago.

It lay in his yard for 3 or 4 years, then Ian Dean (used to run the Downs Rally) bought it, then i bought it with a mate and the rest will be in the pictures over the next few days.

Alan.

This was the hardest part of the whole job, getting the old tyres off the rims:argh:. It took the best part of a month, working evenings and weekends. When they were all appart they were sent away for grit blasting, then given a coat of undercoat.

Alan.

13.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

This was the hardest part of the whole job, getting the old tyres off the rims:argh:. It took the best part of a month, working evenings and weekends. When they were all appart they were sent away for grit blasting, then given a coat of undercoat.

Alan.

I know the feeling Alan although mine may have been a little less stuck on (Younger Scammell):-D

DSC05186.jpg

DSC05447.jpg