Bedford MWD in CMV

thedawnpatrol

I have just read with great interest the article on Rippo's fantastic MWD,

It is in this months (well December's) Classic Military Vehicle magazine.

Some lovely photographs of a top class restoration job.

Well done John.

P.S

Love the paint colour & am ready to order the same for my 1940 MCC CS8.

Jules

Hey thanks mate, I totaly missed this thread. I'm made up with the article, john blackman has made a top notch job of it.

I still can't understand why the colour comes out brown on the photos, it's definatley green, you've seen it yourself. I wonder if it has anything to do with the reduced green pigment as you were telling me at trucks and troops. In the pictures it looks like the early morris colour. Goes to show you can't trust a photo.

Look forward to seeing yours done in it.

Edited by rippo

AC637W0015.jpg

There thats the colour we sprayed. My mate took it on his fancy camera then messed about with it. I took a picture at exactlythe same time and it's brown. the red tinge it's got is overspray, I'd been spraying something else in the garage and hadn't had time to wash it off. That was taken the weekend before we left for france, and only its second outting. I'd just had the numbers and the name put on.

The two bedford's look well together chris, have you done much with the Mw recently?

That picture was before it got the belting mud on it. Why did it have to rain an hour before i got there?

Edited by rippo