Mystery Object No.117

fv1609

a body odour detector.....as the guy looks to be in US Army and Vietnam has been mentioned, then it is to sniff out "Charlie"

Yes, I knew I could rely on you for coming up with body odour...as the

correct answer, well done Richard

What I don't quite understand is how you overcome the BO from your own troops. Maybe it can be 'tuned' to sniff the smell of Charlie that has certain characteristics?

App1481c.jpg

What I don't quite understand is how you overcome the BO from your own troops. Maybe it can be 'tuned' to sniff the smell of Charlie that has certain characteristics?

Clive,

Gee, thanks

Perhaps their diet consisted of something the American troops did not eat, and it caused flatulence, hence how they could distinguish their own troops from the VC :-D

Perhaps their diet consisted of something the American troops did not eat, and it caused flatulence, hence how they could distinguish their own troops from the VC :-D

So it's a case of 'Don't fart or I'll shoot you'?

Seems a rough sort of justice!

I suppose with all that rice they grow, they may eat curry with it, so it is a good theory.

I think dietary prejudice is raising it's ugly head here Richard! Speaking as someone who eats about 6-7 curries a week, there is no problem (generally). But those who are not digestively aclimatised, are the ones who are susceptible to later difficulties.

I think dietary prejudice is raising it's ugly head here Richard! Speaking as someone who eats about 6-7 curries a week, there is no problem (generally). But those who are not digestively aclimatised, are the ones who are susceptible to later difficulties.

Oh crikey.....I forgot you were an inccessant curry consumer, well your body will be aclimatised to it then. But seriously, does'nt the body emit odours from sweat glands which give trace of food eaten?

Oh crikey.....I forgot you were an inccessant curry consumer, well your body will be aclimatised to it then. But seriously, does'nt the body emit odours from sweat glands which give trace of food eaten?

I believe garlic is secreted through sweat so that might be the giveaway. (Although I cook my own curries, I pick & choose which ingredients I use. I use no garlic or onions, which is in total contrast to those awful supermarket ready made ones, which consist of little else!)