posting pictures

chevpol

Question

Hi folks,

have just tried to post a few piccys taken at todays event at Crewe heritage centre.

According to the error message I got, it appears that my piccys are to big file wise, I havnt had a problem before posting, can anybody advise me?

All the best

Mark

8 answers to this question

Hi folks,

have just tried to post a few piccys taken at todays event at Crewe heritage centre.

According to the error message I got, it appears that my piccys are to big file wise, I havnt had a problem before posting, can anybody advise me?

All the best

Mark

Second time this has been flagged up tonight... I'll have a look

On a similar line, If I post pics directly to this forum and then move the location of the pic on my computer does that then break the link to the pics ???

Not if you use the forum upload... links are only broken if you use a photohost & either rename the photos or move them into a different folder in your host account..

Is there a preferred method ? is posting directly to the forum better

What ever you prefer... if posted dierectly they are saved on our server & with our back-ups should be safe from being lost.. if using a photohost they risk being lost off the froum if you close your host account or move/rename them...

If posting large amount of photos or you want to put text between the photos then photohosting is better..

Edited by Marmite!!