T-26 Question

EMacionga

Anyone out there know their Russian light tanks? My knowledge does not extend beyiond the BMP family so I am a bit skethcy on the earlier eras.:-D

What types of T-26s did the Soviets supply the Republicans during the 1936-39 Spanish Civil War? I know that they were up to a T-26P by WWII.

I am looing at the photo of the T-26 on page 23 of the Osprey Men-

At-Arms booklet "The Spanish Civil War 1936-39.

I am currently reading Antony Beevor's "The Battle For Spain: The Spanish Civil War 1936-39. Mulitiple volume research reading is an old habit of mine...

EMacionga

Knowing the Russians they will have sent all kinds of variants. I've seen a photo of the Nationalists entering Barcelona with a mixed column of Panzer I and captured T26 types. The Nationalists simply appropriated whole shipments of them. A friend of mine photographed one in Spain in 1972/3 and was lucky not to be arrested. I keep meaning to get the snap off him.

MB

The T-26 was sent to Spain in quite large numbers. I heard of 1 or 2 being restored by private individuals in Spain.

Here are two pictures.

I have a bunch of photos of T-26 tanks taken at the Parola Tank Museum in Finland. The Finns caught a large number of them during the Winter War and used them way into the 1960's.

Cool tanks, based on a Vickers design.

!_T26_tank_Spain.jpg

!_T-26_tank.jpg

• 11 months later...