Interest in old Military vehicles

daz76

It never ceases to amaze me how much interest old military vehicles create. My old Explorer sits quietly awaiting my attention under a tarp in a corner of the farmyard, but creates a lot of interest from visiting folk. Delivery drivers normally have a tale about having driven one in the forces, with a few funny stories to tell as well. Even the postman, who had never stopped to pass the time of day, had time to talk about it and have a walk round when it arrived here. Younger visitors can be found clambering all over it and even people with no real interest in our hobby ask what it is and what it was used for. Is it because it's just a bit 'different'? Not your everyday car, tractor or lorry. It's certainly not as weird and wonderful as some MV's, but seems to have a bit of magic which holds peoples' interest. Funny isn't it.I did have to turn down an offer to buy it the other day when my brother-in-law told someone they could have it for £200, thinking they were wanting to buy the Citroen AX parked beside it......:nono:

Guest Yin717

lol. That is an interesting story. I must admit the craze for military vehicles is amazing. I for one have always had an interest but never really gotten into it until the last year. I too would love my own collection were people would just love to stop and stare while saying 'oooooooooooo'. lol.

As a 23 year old military nut, my sanity is often questioned, "why don't you get yourself a nice little car"!

I love everything about my Austin, driving it, rallying it, talking about it and looking after it. In todays throw away socity, I suppose it is a bit weird to the masses.

:)