Air Tattoo at Fairford. Can I take my dog ?

MilitantGraham

I want to enter the military vehicle display at the Air Tattoo.

According to the FAQs on http://www.airtattoo.com/, no dogs are allowed on site.

I think I can remember being told that there were in fact several pet dogs with display vehicles last year.

Should I contact the organisers to get special permission or should I just keep quite and sneak her in in the cab ? What did other people do last year ?

Bad idea taking a dog to an airshow, the noise of displaying aircraft will frighten the life out of them and if they run off onto the runway, you'll be up for a lot of explaining.

Not to mention if they run off at the wrong time there'll be a bit of a mess to clean up!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

the rules are so strict on this one graham.

once your vehicle is on site you can't move it till the sunday evening at the end of the show & you have to camp in an adjacent field so you have to walk in & out every day.

it would be best for you to contact the organiser before you commit yourself to this one.

it is a fantastic airshow but you are very tied in what you can or can't do.

ta

Berni

There's no problem with the dog being frightened by the noise of aircraft, she's an Industrial Alsation and used to coming to work with me in a quarry or transport yard.

I phoned the RIAT office to check if there were any exceptions to the rule and was told no, it's a military establishment and the only dogs on site are police dogs. I can't remember who told me they had seen pet dogs there last year, I must have got it wrong.

Anyway, it's all irrelevant now. I've just found out that the friend who's Samson I was going to tow to Fairford then on down to Beltring has already entered Much Marcle steam rally on the same weekend so I'll be going there with him instead.