Tilford "a village at war"

Guest bigredone

Guest bigredone

Some pictures. I only took a very few and none of the 101st skirmish battle as I did not get out and about much from my display (first two pictures). I would like to hear your views of this event. I was in the woods away from the main attractions. The fly past on Saturday was cancelled, but they run trips via Jeeps, dodges etc to the various pill boxes in the area on both days. Weather was overcast and at times cold. Highlight of the weekend was a visit from a D-Day vet who landed at Omaha with the 1st ID 16th IR...which was the unit I was portraying, his name CSM Bill Ryan and he was on holiday from Florida.

Regards

Paul

tilford9.jpgtilford1.jpgtilford2.jpgtilford3.jpgtilford5.jpgtilford7.jpgtilford8.jpgtilford6.jpg

Nice pictures Paul :D

A question for you, a bit off topic but relevant to your and other displays, what do you put in your sandbags? I've just got some and want something with body but not too heavy, considering using wood chips at the moment. What do you reckon :?:

Cheers

Paul

Guest bigredone

Sandbags....ah yes...much debate on this subject at displays......

Believe it or not I have so many sandbags my sandbags are filled with rolled up........sandbags!

Other options I have heard.....

Wood chips, as you say.

Bark chippings...bit smelly?

Poly packing chips...expensive?

Big sit on Bean bag contents.

Expanding foam, so that you can make them interlocking apparently.

I did try sand at first then tried to lift it.....this is what my eyes looked like :shock: not light!

Sorry cant be much more help.

Regards

Paul