help with a meadows engine

Hi Shawn have you got the meadows "automatic injection advance" unit fitted in you engine i can't quite see it in the pics. or is it just a shaft?

Don't want to state the ovious but have you tried running it with the air filters and intake manifods removed, mabey the exhaust manifold too. there could be a blockage or the exhaust manifold could be bunged up with carbon if it's been sat running a pump not working very hard.

• 1 year later...

hi everybody

i have managed to get a little further with the meadows pump system, but i have another problem. The alternator drive coupling , which is about 5 inches long ,vulcanized rubber at both ends , one of the ends which is vulcanized to the shaft has perished . I was just wondering does anyone know where i could get a replacement ? it was on the meadows petrol engine before i did the conversion to diesel. i dont think im able to take a picture, but when the rain stops i will try and see if i can get to it and take a pic.

any help/suggestions gratefully recieved

thanks shawn

hi everybody

i have managed to get a little further with the meadows pump system, but i have another problem. The alternator drive coupling , which is about 5 inches long ,vulcanized rubber at both ends , one of the ends which is vulcanized to the shaft has perished . I was just wondering does anyone know where i could get a replacement ? it was on the meadows petrol engine before i did the conversion to diesel. i dont think im able to take a picture, but when the rain stops i will try and see if i can get to it and take a pic.

any help/suggestions gratefully recieved

thanks shawn

hi shawn

sorry i havent got round to replying to your pm yet i will get there at some point

regarding the drive coupling i am guessing that this is the dynamo drive ? bin the old one get two round picec turnd up to fit on either end of the drive and simply get a rubber peice of rad hose between the two with two hose clips to hold to i did this to mine and it worked fine . untill the headgasket went again :red:

will get a pic of it for u mate as the meadows is still sat where it landed when i took it out

nick