What is it.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

I wouldn't want to get stopped for too long at traffic lights in that!!

we use one to go down the sandwich shop in Brixton.

It's an Inner city, Dominoes Pizza delivery moped, with the belt fed customer payment persuader option, and urban cam, so you can leave it in an alley without drawing attention.

Notice too the overhead protection, a design ripped off by BMW recently for their ill fated C1 Moped, designed so you dont need a helmet, only in this country you still need the helmet.

These rapidly went out of service with Dominoes pizzas, mainly because they were tighter than a gnats chuff and deleted the hydraulic jack option, which raised the machine once dropped. Many of these can still be found around rough neighbourhoods abandoned as the rider couldnt lift it, even after offloading all of the Pizzas!:cool2:

The only Danish bike that I've ever heard of is a Nimbus but I can't say that I can ID this one...No, found it. It's a Hardly Dangerous (this one would be though !)

Edited by 79x100
Moment of enlightenment

Acording to the phot caption in Pat Ware's book (Thanks Mark!:tup::)

The bike is Harley Davidson model VSC/LC side car combination supplied to the Swedish Landsverk company for conversion to an armoured machine gun mount. He also notes it was probably not a very competent performer.

I found it here :-

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/denmark/HtK-46.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/denmark/denmark.html&h=452&w=650&sz=45&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=ps7NBwi_O0VZMM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddanish%2Barmoured%2Bmotorcycle%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

"a bit difficult to control on ordinary roads" it says. I should think it probably is.

Any more contemptuous names for Massey Davidsons and Hardly Fastenoughs whilst we're at it ? I saw a pick-up truck referred to as an "H.R.V." on a motorcycle forum. Apparently it stands for "Harley Recovery Vehicle"

Ok have this one instead,early prototype scooter airfield/stripped para drop.RAF,and you think i am joking:nono:

gosport026.jpg

Bored now going down the boat:captain:

I found it here :-

I saw a pick-up truck referred to as an "H.R.V." on a motorcycle forum. Apparently it stands for "Harley Recovery Vehicle"

Best thing I ever saw on a pickup was when I saw a bunch of bikers with a Cadillac Eldorado stretched with 6 wheels on the side it had "Redskin Builders, heap good job"

Ok have this one instead,early prototype scooter airfield/stripped para drop.RAF,and you think i am joking:nono:

gosport026.jpg

Well I know they are known as the Brillcream Boys,..............thought they could get a more up to date HAIRDRIER..........:whistle::cool2: :rofl:

In an attempt to combine the recent posts and pull this back on topic... Who can tell me what this is ? No, I don't mean the 2 T.A.F. Spit.

Can't help wondering just how low one has to fly to pick up the Hun on One's cannon. That'll teach him !

spitfirexp0.th.jpg

Anyway, I think that it's a wonderful picture.

gosport026.jpg

And what do you say on this? :-) It is real bike! For the France and Italian paratroopers.

06a9_1.jpg