Mystery Object No. 38

fv1609

Jeep & one of those Italian staff cars with the huge wheels

(can't remember the name of it)?

Somewhere sunny... Italy :whistle:

Op torch?

Yes well done it is a Jeep, goodness knows which sort. Italian staff car, nope. Sunny yes, Italy nope, op Torch nope.

What - A Jeep and a bigger vehicle. Jeep could be British, so I'd say the bigger vehicle is a staff car with a Senior Officer in it?

Where - Looks like Italy, or at least the Med.

When - 1944?

Jeep yes, British yes, med yes, 1944 nope.

Middle east, the larger vehicle being the armoured command car that Rommel captured. Brain taking holiday on name, was it Mammoth?

Middle East yes, Rommel nope, Mammoth nope.

Does this help more?

Berlin2.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired

If him with the stick would just get out of the way, we'd see the front axle. I'm going for an Albion. for some reason it isn't giving me a QL bump or an OY, watch me make a fool of myself. Place Aleandria or Tunis. Or is the horrible feeling I'm having it's a K2 right?

If him with the stick would just get out of the way, we'd see the front axle. I'm going for an Albion. for some reason it isn't giving me a QL bump or an OY, watch me make a fool of myself. Place Aleandria or Tunis. Or is the horrible feeling I'm having it's a K2 right?

Not an Albion/QL/OY. Tony you're not making a fool of yourself, if I didn't know what is I wouldn't have the foggiest idea.

Not Alex or Tunisia, not K2.

Or Palestine /Israel

Yes well done persistence has paid off. The full picture is a giveaway as it shows the Tel Aviv Hotel. (Although that doesn't always follow eg there is a Bristol Hotel is in Cornwall)

Right, now for the vehicle, this should give it away.

Berlin3.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
Photo links repaired