Best ww2 photo ever?

martylee

Yes, it has been posted here before! I can't remember by who, but thank you for posting it! Life mag is the original Source. I must admit that I've spent hours looking at all the details in the photo. What I like best is all the different Equipment shown.

bakgrunnsbilde%20dodges_zpsmcub8dkw.jpg

Does anyone have a better one???

Marty

Yes, it has been posted here before! I can't remember by who, but thank you for posting it! Life mag is the original Source. I must admit that I've spent hours looking at all the details in the photo. What I like best is all the different Equipment shown.

bakgrunnsbilde%20dodges_zpsmcub8dkw.jpg

Does anyone have a better one???

Marty

I suspect it US kit you are interested in as suggested by your enthusiasm for the photo, yes I agree it’s good. If you can look at a copy of INVASION The D – Day story JUNE 6. 1944 published in London in June 1954 by BEAVERBROOK NEWSPAPERS LIMITED (reprinted 25 years or so back in soft cover) the Daily Express published this book on the tenth anniversary of “D” Day. It’s written by John St. John Cooper. I’m biased it’s predominantly British and Commonwealth with some interesting photos of our US Allies. The book is mostly photos not the usual one so often seen and what’s interesting for me shows my uncle (who gave me the book in 1956) section just off the beach on the day

I like this photo for all the reasons mentioned so far. I'd really like seeing the same photo With British vehicles and gir too. I'll try to find the book on e-bay.

Being a Dodge owner it was of course the Dodges that caught my eye in the first Place.

Marty