Q. re BSA M20 Girder Forks - Dimensioned Drawings?

Old Git

Yes! Here is a drawing with measurements also a full breakdown of the parts. Let me know if you need the list of part numbers that relate to those key numbers.

Note also that the WM20 forks are splayed out from the centre line further on the left side to accommodate the speedo drive. Therefore when rebuilding a wheel, the centre of the rim should be in line with the centre of the frame.......Not the forks!

Also note that sometime later in the war, the forks were made 1/2" longer and a distance piece is then required at the mudguard mount in the centre of the forks.

I've just straightened some WM20 forks for a friend and can give tips on how I did it if you want. Ron

PS. click the pictures to enlarge.

Scan-140318-0001.jpg

scan-160115-0001.jpg

Edited by Ron

Hi Ron,

thanks for these, and the additional info, sorry for the late reply but had to go away for a few days and haven't had much time to myself. I'll have a look over these drawings this weekend and maybe shoot you a PM early next week.

Thanks again mate, I really appreciate the help.

Pete