CVR(T) Gallery

robin craig

Correct me if I am wrong but we dont seem to have a single CVR(T) dedicated gallery. We have many individual vehicles only.

Here is an image from my collection, another Robin, Robin Purgina is the photographer. I would say it was early 1990s but I can't date it exactly.

As far as I can tell this was 00 GM 21 and is a Samson.

Note that the colours of the BATUS scheme have varied over the years.

R

BATUS samson.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is Sabre 02FD69 on Operation Agricola 4 in Kosovo.

Sabre leads.jpg

I had this photo and some others from Kosovo when 02FD69 went through the tender sale in October 2006. I did try to buy it, to go with our Spartan 48AT14, which was also in Kosovo at the same time. I was outbid unfortunately, but I ended up buying 04FD31 from the few much better vehicles round the back instead.

Withams Oct 06 016.jpg

The vehicle in the background is 49AT37, and the one next to it was 03FD10. Both of which we ended up buying some years later.

Edited by sirhc

• 2 weeks later...

image (4).jpg

My QDG Striker 08 FF 38 during restoration to GW period. This vehicle will be at Aquino 2014 and will be crewed by it's former Controller Kalvin Bird who successfully engaged a T55, T62 and a ZSU-23-4.

Edited by Duffy

image (5).jpg

My 16th 5th Queens Lancers Striker 07 FF 95 at Ontario Regiment Museum vehicle show June, 2013. Now fully restored with the recent installation of the proper Controller's missile sights. This vehicle will be featured with my others at Aquino 2014 in Oshawa, Ontario. It's Gulf War commander Lt Philip Lepp will be commanding it again at the show. This vehicle successfully engaged three T55s and a BMP-1.

• 1 month later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89046[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]89047[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89048[/ATTACH]Before the GW 91, the look during, and after the Sabre transition

03 FD 66. Have a close look a my pic number 4 The same sabre..

I am glad Al said he could not see it as that is what I felt when I first looked at it.

Now that I have gone back again I can see it, somewhat faint mind you. The 66 is the part I am having the most difficulty seeing.

Can anyone blow the image up?

R

Just had a proper look on my PC instead of Crapple....it is definitely 03FD6....but not sure about the last digit, could be an 8 or 9...

Either way great pics Tomo, esp like seeing Sabre pics in service as there are so few of them!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89193[/ATTACH]I don't see a QOY connection on this Merlin Report.

Also intrigued that the first Merlin date is 1988. This vehicle will have been around for the best part of 15 years by then. It cannot surely have been QRIH ever since its build. I am sure QRIH moved out of Paderborn in 1978, leaving their Chieftains to 3RTR, but I could be wrong.

Just a week or two back I was talking with some ex-3RTR WOT buddies and telling them that the M36 Jackson tank destroyer was the chavvy council estate cousin to the M18 Greyhound tank destroyer, like chav tankies were to cavalry. Yes, they bit big time, though as one did concede, harsh but fair.