Battle of Britain Bunker RAF Uxbridge

OK. Hi, i know this is nothing to do with MVs, but well worth a mention. With the opening of the Battle of Britain Bunker to the public at weekends this year, i thought i would make a visit. It is somewhere i have always wanted to go for some years now, as it is on my doorstep, but with RAF Uxbridge being still a working base until 2010, visiting was limited and only open for one day a year, or pre arranged visits could be done by advanced appointment. Anyway checking the B o B B web site i saw that the last weekend they are open this year is August 31st 2013, then closed for the winter, so thought i would get a visit in quick. It is free to get in but they do recommend a donation of £3, but well worth the fiver that i donated, as long as it keep this important peace of history alive. Anyway enough chatter in my opinion well worth a visit next year if anyone is interested and spread the word. Sorry not able to upload any pics as files are to big.

OK. Hi, i know this is nothing to do with MVs, but well worth a mention. With the opening of the Battle of Britain Bunker to the public at weekends this year, i thought i would make a visit. It is somewhere i have always wanted to go for some years now, as it is on my doorstep, but with RAF Uxbridge being still a working base until 2010, visiting was limited and only open for one day a year, or pre arranged visits could be done by advanced appointment. Anyway checking the B o B B web site i saw that the last weekend they are open this year is August 31st 2013, then closed for the winter, so thought i would get a visit in quick. It is free to get in but they do recommend a donation of £3, but well worth the fiver that i donated, as long as it keep this important peace of history alive. Anyway enough chatter in my opinion well worth a visit next year if anyone is interested and spread the word. Sorry not able to upload any pics as files are to big.

Hi, I agree with you. I visited with a pre-arranged group visit. What a fantastic atmosphere to stand where Churchill stood and asked 'What reserves have you' and the answer was 'None!! They're all up'.

Be British and Be Proud!!!!!

• 8 months later...

Update, The Battle of Britain Bunker is now open again at weekends without appointment. Well worth a visit to anyone who maybe interested. Just check the website as there are one or two weekends in June and July that it is not open.