Wanted: the oil lubrication injection pump for use on Saracen/Saladin etc

Hi all, not sure of its official name, but I am looking for the hand-operated lubrication oil injector pump, used for lubricating some of the suspension components on the FV600 series vehicles...

I had won one of them on eBay but oddly all contact with the seller has been lost....

My Saracens suspension needs oiling, as its beginning to creak and groan a little when venturing off road.

if anyone has one for sale I would be interested!

kind regards...

Oily

Hi all, not sure of its official name, but I am looking for the hand-operated lubrication oil injector pump, used for lubricating some of the suspension components on the FV600 series vehicles...

I had won one of them on eBay but oddly all contact with the seller has been lost....

My Saracens suspension needs oiling, as its beginning to creak and groan a little when venturing off road.

if anyone has one for sale I would be interested!

kind regards...

Oily

Can you be more specific in what you want mate?? Any diagrams or pics?

I work on auto lube systems and might be able to help in that department!

Thanks for that, Marmite, but it is not what I had in mind.... That is a suction pump for starters, what I require is similar to a grease bucket pump, but its body is filled with the lubricant of choice, the nozzle connected to the relevant oil injection nipple on vehicle, then on the turn of a handle, oil is INJECTED at very high pressure into the various oil ways in the parts being lubricated.....

Thanks for that, Marmite, but it is not what I had in mind.... That is a suction pump for starters, what I require is similar to a grease bucket pump, but its body is filled with the lubricant of choice, the nozzle connected to the relevant oil injection nipple on vehicle, then on the turn of a handle, oil is INJECTED at very high pressure into the various oil ways in the parts being lubricated.....

I have one of them, It's suction if you pull, injects oil if you push...

I would've hoped my original description was sufficient!,... An oval-shaped bucket-type construction with a crank handle-operated pump, to which is fitted a hose, on the end of which is a delivery nozzle that slides on in a similar fashion to the flat-type grease nipples found on many AFVs, only instead of injection grease, oil is used.... As specified for FV600 torsion-bar, and I believe Suspension-arm bush/pivot lubrication....

Its called a BULK FILLER, mainly used on auto lube systems on plant to fill the auto lube tank!

Is that the type you want with the pump handle on the top?

The commercial ones dont normally come with the flat faced coupling, just normally a grease nipple and we change them over for what the customer has on machine if different.

On the Volvo loading shovels they have a grease nipple when new but slow as hell filling so we change them over to a larger ISO male on the machine and a female on the bucket!

Let me know if that is the type of pump and can point you in right direction mate.

Its called a BULK FILLER, mainly used on auto lube systems on plant to fill the auto lube tank!

Is that the type you want with the pump handle on the top?

The commercial ones dont normally come with the flat faced coupling, just normally a grease nipple and we change them over for what the customer has on machine if different.

On the Volvo loading shovels they have a grease nipple when new but slow as hell filling so we change them over to a larger ISO male on the machine and a female on the bucket!

Let me know if that is the type of pump and can point you in right direction mate.

Ok, then, If it'll pump OIL.... Like GREASE, but much runnier, then one of those should do the trick, if Clive says it works....

I have now been given what I've been looking for, by a 'transport' friend of mine... What he refers to as a 'bucket' oil pump.... Free of charge, including its 1/2 full contents of unknown grade heavy gear oil.... Which I won't use in the Saracen, I will clean it out and refill it with my non-additive Morris Lubricants 'Golden Film' AG90 Gear Oil....