New US Sniper Rifle

RattlesnakeBob

I caught an episode on TV last night of 'Future Weapons' although it's an old programme from 2007 that investigated a new American sniper rifle called the 'CheyTac Intervention'.....

...A mighty impressive piece of kit.....especially when it hit holes in a piece of half inch steel plate at getting on for 2000 yards range...then the presenter chap also managed to get 3 shots on a target at 2530 yards .........

quote from Wiki:

On the Discovery Channel TV show Future Weapons April 9, 2007 episode "Massive Attack" the host Richard Machowicz, a former United States Navy SEAL, made 3 out of 6 shots hit a human sized sheet of metal at a distance of 2,530 yards (2,313 m) at Arco Pass in Idaho.

The weapon utilises a hand held computer to calculate wind/range etc which makes it pretty much infallible I'd guess....

.............Has anybody that's been in recent service come across this rifle?.... it sure seems a good bit of kit to me :)