One for August

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm coming regardless of the carriers condition but it would be really nice to get to drive it across the plain.

less posts more action.

eddy

Nice one, will be great to meet up with you. Information on the get together will be emailed to all participating parties in due corse, just need to sort your emails out. Anyone wishing to join in on this weekend please could you let me know before the 6th August as we will not be taking anymore vehicles after that date. An event form will be sent via email. These forms are printerble and can be pasted to members of your group or club for completion. The forms just make it easier for us to sort lavs, food and convoys. Lots more info with-in the Plains 2010 forms.

All the best.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys, the following list is the names of those that have shown support for the Salisbury Plain weekend.

Dave Ives.

Rambo+5.

ChrisG.

PhilB.

Eddy8men.

DaveP.

Paulob1.

Chris + guests.

YoungGun**

Dudgy432**

The last three names with the stars, could you please confirm you are still intending to join us as we need to sort the food and toilets.

Just a quick run down for the weekend.

Arrive Friday, a run to the local pub in the evening for a display of your vehicles to the local community is planned.

Saturday we are planning a drive over to the Middle Wallop AAC Museum for a visit. Saturday evening we can do the driver training times trials. The corn will be cut so there will be 80 Acres to play on, tracked vehicles welcome but if possible, please bring a wheeled vehicle for the SPTA run.

Sunday, a planned all day run over Salisbury Plain and then back via some of the local camps. As stated before, this is a non public event, just a weekend for vehicle owners to drive there vehicles in the conditions they were designed for.

One last thing, there will be a disclamer for the campsite. All vehicles must be MOTed, Taxed and full licence must be held for all vehicles on this event. Anyone else wishing to join us please get your name down before the 6th August 2010.

Tony.

Edited by plainmilitary

Hi Tony,

Looks like I'm now free this weekend, so I'd like to come if there is space. I'll bring the Wolf, but hopefully come with some friends who will bring some other vehicles. I will confirm details this week.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Tony,

Looks like I'm now free this weekend, so I'd like to come if there is space. I'll bring the Wolf, but hopefully come with some friends who will bring some other vehicles. I will confirm details this week.

Cheers,

Chris

Nice one Chris, will be great to catch up with you guys again mate. Many thanks.

Tony.

Just a quick heads up, the toilets are now booked for the weekend. Anyone arriving earlier than 9.30 will need to tie a knot in it, HEHE.

I have just booked us in to the Museum of Army Flying at Middle Wallop for the Saturday morning, there is no time limit so please take your time when in the museum. Being a bank Holiday there should be plenty of the public about if you wish to display your vehicles. The driver training corse is well in the planning stages and should be some great fun to put your vehicles through there paces. The pub display for Friday night is still a gogo, again, anyone wishing to display there vehicles and kit please let me know and we can work this with the land lord. One last thing, although 99.9% of everything is in place we are haveing trouble tracking down a water bowser and some lights for the camp site. Anyone with these types of kit, or know anyone that could help us out with this type of kit, could you pass on my details and I will get back to you/them ASAP. Anyone that hasn't got there name down, we are still takeing bookings. This should finish today but I will bend the rules slightly if need be.

Many thanks to all you guys and gals that are giveing this event a go for the first time, we hope and prey you want be disepointed. Everyone that have been before, hold on to your hats, this is going to be a good one.

Hope to see you soon.

Tony.

Just been at the back of the shed (where the scary spiders live) I've three hurricane lamps and if I can get them working two tilley lamps

Nice one Chris, just the job mate. I had a set of work lamps and hopefully a genny if I can get the b*gger to start.. We might have to build the camp fire a tad bigger....

Tony.

yes one of the many jobs to do before next week

list is at the moment

have fuel tank and straps repaired(being done at mo)

fix generator

get extra lights

charge batterys for generator and 24 volt lighting

check brakes(cant do till fuel tank back)as need to start engine

get truck to plains

get myself to plains

check cookhouse over

get more petrol for dustbin burner and genny

so not to many jobs to do between work

Ive got a genny and a spare 12v battery and some lights so will bring them with me, what we need is a tall pole to rig them up to.

Shouldn't be a problem Rich, I will get you a pole matey. I will dig out the Genny and get her running before the event, The only lights I have are those workshop strip lights on a stand. I will bring them along as well......

fuel tank done just got to get health back up now after scare yesterday so it might be sausage and mash yet:blush:but hopefully when meds kick in will bounce back just got to take it easy for a while

Take it easy mate, don't fancy Tony's cooking :(:sweat: