Nitros M8 greyhound resto's

sharky

I'll start this one and hopefully new member Nitro will takeover or fill in the blanks seeing as he has done the lionshare of the work on this vehicle.

It came from a scrap yard and was badly mauled . had also been stretched to take a steyr diesal engine .

157.jpg

119.jpg

124.jpg

121.jpg

this last pic shows the extention on back end

cheers for looking

Iain

Edited by sharky

She's in good nik really to start with, so it was the usual begining and stip the old girl down to her basics.

There were no real great finds in there. I usally find the odd spent 50 or 30 cal shell behind the binocular box, though I did find the US 'vin' plate in a box above the radio deck which was a nice find.

As Sharky mentioned she was stretched about 14" to take the steyr engine. We have cut her back to the original lenght (54 & 1/4" from rear of fuel deck to insde the rear end).

This M8 is a 1943 model, watch this space for more pics etc. :cool2:

Cutting the M8 back to the original lenght.

DSCF1135.jpg

Please note the man god that is captain chaos with his second favorite tool. :whistle:

DSCF1134.jpg

Let the sparks fly! I'm on hand with camera and buckets of water.

DSCF1136.jpg

Rear end 'less!

DSCF1145.jpg

Rear end back on. Note the new rear wheel guards. The original would have the strenghtening bars pressed into them. I fabbed these with half tube sections.